Volume 1. Issue 2
FLIP STYLE OF THIS MONTH'S ISSUE
(OR SCROLL DOWN FOR OUR STREAMLINED APPROACH)
UPPING OUR GAME
Just like in your business, we are always trying to up our game and increase your user experience. You can peruse this digital issue via the traditional “digital magazine” experience below or keep scrolling and experience this month’s issue via our modern online platform.
Photos your way. Expressing your brand. Across all of your platforms.
An entire year’s worth of images at your fingertips.
Pics specific for every marketing campaign, planned out, and ready to use.
THE ANNUAL PLAN
MEET THE EXPERTS: CATS OR DOGS?
Get to know our master experts and what really matters. This month we go deep and answer the hard hitting question: cats or dogs?
THE SUCCESS PRINCIPLES:HOW TO GET FROM WHERE YOU ARE TO WHERE YOU WANT TO BE
BY JACK CANFIELD
A classic, but a goody, The Success Principles by Jack Canfield is a business book that still has bones. Defined into amazing nuggets of wisdom that only Canfield can deliver. From mindset to sales and everything in between- you can never get tired of this man’s wisdom.
Have a book recommendation for our Business Bookshelf let us know about it? Drop us a line and let us know what book you love?
10 Conversation Starters For The Next Time You Hit A Networking Event
Heading out to a networking event can be more dreaded than heading to the dentist.
The people? The event? The protocol? How long will I have to talk?
All of these unknowns can have a busy business woman talking herself right out of those heels and back into her nice fuzzy slippers.
The truth is networking doesn’t have to be this awkward junior prom style event when you have something to talk about.
Just in case you are at a loss for a conversation starter. Here are a few ideas.
1. Are you new here?
2. What made you choose this event?
3. Why do you love what you do?
4. How did you get into this profession?
5. What is the most misunderstood aspect of your profession?
6. What are you looking for by attending this event/
7. What is the number 1 change you need to happen to transform your business to the one you dream of?
8. What is your 2018 goal?
9. What type of clients are you looking for now?
10. What types of businesses are great partners for you?
And the best thing to do is always compliment a woman’s necklace, shoes, or purse. It’s the easiest way to be business bffs fast.
How To Keep In High Vibe For Your Perfect Day
BY: JENNI PARKER BROWN
You wake up. (That’s a given)
You have two choices.
1. You immediately start running your itinerary through your groggy mind, mentally multi-tasking in advance, as you brush your teeth, feed the cat, and microwave yesterday’s coffee for lack of time.
Or some other version of a rushed wake-up where you begin the day on auto-pilot, probably forgetting something as you rush out the door in the wrong shoes.
2. You religiously take the time in the morning to run through a whole set of mindfulness rituals, gratitude journal, intentions, breath work, yoga, wealth mantras, a run or work-out, mindful clothes selecting, preparing green smoothies for lunch. And sail out the door blowing a ‘You are freaking awesome’ kiss to yourself as you approve of your reflection in the mirror.
START GAINING TRUE BRAND SUCCESS
STOP THE STATISTICS.
STOP THE SOCIAL OVERLOAD.
STOP THE SILLY GAMES.
BE PART OF THE CAST
TELEVISION. PRINT. EVENTS. MEDIA.
WE HAVE YOU COVERED.
Check out our current casting Call.
Contracts, agreements, you know that legal “stuff”- we all know we need it. And most of us don’t do them or do them right.
A business agreement almost feels like a prenup. The internal dialogue of “So you are saying this isn’t going to work out.” “Clearly you don’t trust me.” “ I see you love getting paid more than you care about me.” runs on a loop through your head.
The truth is having your clients sign an agreement is more than smart business it helps them take your work together seriously.
How do you nicely say, “OK, here is my contract. Sign it."
TALK IT OUT
Video meetings may be all the rage, but phones are not dead.
And though video meetings do convert better because you get to read a fuller picture of each other’s non verbal communication there are a few things you can do to increase your influence even when you are on the phone.
1. Stand Up. The simple act of standing up will have you feeling more confident and sounding more confident.
2. Use A Mirror. We naturally mirror other people, even ourselves. So yes watching yourself talk will increase your energy and enthusiasm.
3. Be Hands Free. Allow yourself to be as free flowing with your conversation as if the two of you were in person. Free your hands and let them talk too
4. Actively Hear. Active hearing is about hearing the unspoken words, picking up on the tone and vibe. Many times this leads to the truth about what is really holding them back from saying yes or moving forward.
5. The Pause. When you are on the phone, you can’t see when the other person has stopped talking. Use this to your advantage. Society has trained us to not like the silence within a conversation so if you make sure to pause between each person talking one of two things will happen. (1) the other person will keep talking giving you a better insight into what is really going on and (2) you come across as owning the conversation because of your cool, calm, and collected way.
Though the telephone may not be in vogue, sometimes it can be your best friend.
THE POWER OF DEFINING YOUR BRAND
BY ALI CRAIG, MASTER NEURO HUMAN AND LUXURY BRANDER
WE HERE SO OFTEN DEFINING YOUR NICHE.
We are told to refine, define, and hone the audience we want to serve. We spend hours and hours, take days of our time, going to conferences, coaches, and spend a hell of a lot of cash all for defining your niche.
We are so focused on the who we serve that we forget to define the how we serve.
Now I’m not talking about the logistics of the transaction. I’m sure you have that down. I’m talking about defining who you are and what you are about through this brand for yourself and for your audience. What type of experience, interactions, and impressions are you and your niche going to have?
STEAL THE STRATEGY:
Steal The Strategy is about sharing brand and marketing strategies that work and showing how entrepreneurs can translate into their brands and businesses.
Overall any brand can learn from the wedding industry: attention to detail, huge price points, high emotions, and one and done event- we all can learn a thing or two.
Today, let’s focus on the wedding invitation.
When you are planning a wedding, not anyone can come. There is a lovely sense of exclusivity. And with that exclusivity, means that the bride and groom must personally extend an invite to the people they deem worthy to attend this big event.
What if we used this exact same strategy when it comes to our product launches?
What if we planned an elaborate event (aka your product at a live event)? What if we didn’t let everyone who wanted to come come? What if we initially told people not all are invited? And then what if we personally mailed out an exclusive invitation?
Some brands do steps 1-3 but then they never ask!
So create an event, be exclusive, make it known, mail out the invites to the special few (yes think the gold ticket ala Willy Wonka) and ask.
Check out the Steal The Strategy vlogast on entreventure.co to learn more of these industry stealing strategies that create true results in your brand.
WHY YOUR BRAND PHOTOS ARE ABOUT MORE THAN JUST A PRETTY PIC (AND HOW TO GET IT)
LAURA BOYD, MASTER BRAND PHOTOGRAPHER
it ISN'T just about getting pretty pictures to put on your website.
One of the most common misconceptions I find people have about brand photography is that it's just about getting pretty pictures to put on your website. While yes, we are going to end up with gorgeous images you can use on your website, there is so much more to the process than simply getting a pretty shot.
Brand photos need to do more than make you look good, though that's obviously important. Instead, they should be a strategic part of your overall marketing plan that are as important as your copy. Your images help start the connection with your potential client or customer that will be so integral in your overall relationship with them.
ELEVATING THE ART AND SCIENCE OF MAXIMIZING EVERY IMPRESSION YOU MAKE
NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS
Have you ever realized that one of our oldest trends deals with one of our most noted celebrations?
Well it does.
The celebrations of New Year's and New Year’s Eve are old traditions. The idea of New Year’s resolutions to lose weight, gain social media followers, and buckle down at work is totally a trend at heart.
And here is why:
The human brain is hardwired to want better and to want more. New Year’s and the resolutions we make are always about better or more.