#influence: no negotiations
Have you noticed that everything is a negotiation.
At least people feel that way.
Let’s negotiate the price, relationship, deliverables, timeframe, scope- things that make absolutely no sense people feel are negotiable. Some things are simply non negotiable
Here is how to create the “non negotiable” influence without ever having to say it.
• Stand your ground literally. The simple act of standing gives you your greatest strength and it shows.
• Keep your voice on an even keel. When we are nervous we tend to raise our vocal tones and that raised tone at the end of a thought can turn the statement into a question open for discussion.
• Be head on. No matter if it is a video conferencing or in person, face the other person and the situation head on.
• Stay open. When we are nervous, we tend to put barriers, a purse, notebook, table between ourself and the other person. Being bare in this situation shows strength and an unapologetic nature. So remove the barriers.
• Wear black. Or any dark color for that matter. In Western society, the darker the color the more professional the person or situation is viewed.
If you don’t want to negotiate, you don’t have to.
For more ways to #INFLUENCE your situation, check out the International Society of Im-pression Manager’s vlog series #INFLUENCE available on http://internationalsocietyofimpressionmanagers.co